Featuring ChefsBest Best Taste Award winner, Simply Homemade Cornbread Baking Mix.
This cornbread chili pie is an easy and delicious comfort food meal your whole family is sure to enjoy.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade® Cornbread Baking Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain any grease from beef. Add chili mix, diced tomatoes and kidney beans to skillet. Mix well and remove from heat.
Mix cornbread mix, milk, egg and diced jalapeno in a large mixing bowl with a spoon until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with beef mixture; dollop spoonfuls of refried beans over the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Add shredded cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Top Chili Pie with fresh tomatoes, black olives and sour cream.
Recipe and photo originally posted on SimplyHomemade.com