This Roasted Carrot Soup is healthy, vegan, gluten free, and loaded with roasted carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, and coconut milk! Easy and delicious!
- Servings: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Results and timings may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 (2 lb) bag carrots washed, peeled and cut into 1/2 – 1 in chunks
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled, but left whole
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (13.5 oz) can Goya Coconut Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted cashews, cilantro, green onion, and cayenne for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
Place the carrots, onion, and garlic onto prepared baking sheet.
Drizzle with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
Toss to combine.
Roast in preheated oven for 30-50 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
Place roasted veggies into a high powered blender with 2 cups veggie broth.
Blend until VERY smooth.
Pour into a large stockpot and add in the additional 2 cups broth, and coconut milk.
Bring to a simmer, taste, and re-season with salt and pepper and serve!
Recipe and image sourced from showmetheyummy.com.