Recipe: Beaver Brand Horseradish Pesto Sauce
We’ve spiced up this classic pesto recipe with a hint of fresh grated, award-winning Beaver Brand horseradish root for spice and flavor. This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer and added to your favorite dishes!
- 1.5 teaspoons Beaver Brand/Inglehoffer fresh grated Extra Hot Horseradish
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed Arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Sea salt to taste
- In a food processor,pulse the horseradish, basil, arugula, pine nuts and garlic until finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Remove pesto from the processor and incorporate the cheeses and salt to taste.
- Store in a jar or airtight container for about a week in the refrigerator, or in the freezer for about six months.
Recipe and image sourced from beavertonfoods.com.