Recipe: Hungry Jack’s Mexi-Mashed Potaotes
Hungry Jack’s mashed potatoes were judged as the best tasting among leading mashed potato brands. Add a few simple ingredients to these award-winning mashed potatoes and voila! You’ve got the perfect summertime side that you’re entire family will fall in love with. Perfect for breakfast, or even dinner. This delicious side dish pairs well with scrambled eggs, or your favorite protein. Pro tip: spice up this dish by topping it with your favorite hot sauce – the spicer the better!
- 2 cups Hungry Jack’s Mashed Potatoes*
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Bring water and butter to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan. Remove it from heat.
- Stir in milk and potatoes with a fork until the mixture is of desired consistency.
- Stir in cheese, chili powder, and oregano.
- Garnish with diced tomato, chopped green onions, and additional cheese, as desired.
*Original recipe calls for Hungry Jack Mashed Potato Flakes.
Recipe and photo sourced from hungryjackpotatoes.com.
For more recipes, please visit our blog. And if you make any of them, please show us on social media by tagging us @chefsbest