Recipe: Rothbury Farms Breakfast Crouttatas
“What the heck are crouttatas??”, you might ask. They are magically delicious bite-sized breakfast egg snacks– and you make them using the award-winning ingredient of Rothbury Farms croutons! Oh yes. Breakfast just got even more awesome. Pro tip: these make an awesome treat for a brunch party!
Yield: 12 crouttatas
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup cooked sausage, bacon or diced ham
- 1 package Rothbury Farms Croutons (any variety)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup assorted diced vegetables such as onion, mushrooms and peppers
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Spray cooking oil
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil or line with paper cups.
- Drop approximately 5 croutons in the bottom of each cup.
- Sprinkle each cup evenly with meat and vegetables.
- Sprinkle each cup with approximately 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over filled muffin cups and allow mixture to soak in, and then top them off.
- Allow muffin tins to sit refrigerated for a minimum of 1/2 an hour before baking. They can also be covered and refrigerated overnight.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and enjoy!
Recipe and image sourced from rothburyfarms.com.
For more recipes, please visit our blog.