Recipe: Goya Spanish-Style Tapenade
GOYA’s award-winning green olives provide pizzazz to this savory favorite. Whether arranged with toast or thrown in a side dish for flavor, this tapenade is sure to live to high expectations.
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tbsp. GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar (6.5 oz.) GOYA Fancy Sliced Pimientos, drained
- 1 jar (3.75 oz.) GOYA Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, drained
- 1 tbsp. GOYA Capers
- 1 tsp. GOYA Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 oz.) baguette, cut into ½” slices
- Fresh cilantro springs (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 2 tbsp. olive oil, pimientos, olives, capers, and garlic. Pulse 10 times, or until ingredients mix and develop a chunky consistency. Transfer tapenade to bowl; stir in cilantro and season with adobo. Cover bowl; set in refrigerator until ready to use. (Note: tapenade mixture can be stored, covered, for up to 3 days).
- To toast bread, heat 2 tbsp.oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add bread to pan. Toast until golden brown and crisp on both sides, flipping once, 3-4 minutes, adding oil in 1 tbsp. measure when pan becomes dry.
- To serve, arrange toast on a plate. Evenly divide tapenade over toasts. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe and photo sourced from www.goya.com.
For more recipes, please visit our blog. If you make any of our recipes, show us your creations by tagging us @chefsbest on all social platforms!