Recipe: Welch’s Fruity Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are hard to resist thanks to the fragrant toasted coconut and sweet centers of Welch’s Grape Jam.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups flour, sifted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 12 tbsp Welch’s Concord Grape Jam
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk (reserving the egg white) and the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Add the flour mixture gradually to the creamed butter with the electric mixer on low. After the flour has been thoroughly combined, chill the dough for approximately 1 hour.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Dip the dough balls in the egg white, then roll in the coconut. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Using your thumb, press a small indentation into the ball.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely. Fill indentation with 1 tsp of Welch’s Concord Grape Jam.
Recipe sourced from welchs.com. Image sourced from farmerowned.com.