Featuring winner of the ChefsBest Excellence Award, Rothbury Farms Croutons
What is Thanksgiving dinner without stuffing? Take this classic accompaniment to turkey up a notch with the award-winning ingredient of Rothbury Farms croutons.
- 15–22 pound turkey
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, divided
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 packages Rothbury Farms® Croutons (any variety)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pull meat from neck, discard bones, and coarsely chop neck meat and giblets.
- In 2 quart saucepan, over high heat, bring turkey giblets, neck, and salted water to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Drain, reserving broth.
- Sauté onion and celery in 1 stick of butter and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage and cook until browned.
- Drain off some of the fat and add another stick of butter, melting over low heat.
- Place the 2 packages of croutons in large bowl.
- Add chopped neck meat and giblets.
- Stir in vegetable and sausage mixture.
- Add 2-2 1/2 cups turkey stock, stirring to make certain all croutons are moistened.
- Season, if desired, with salt & pepper.
- Stuff prepared turkey cavity. Extra stuffing can be baked in covered dish at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
Variation: If you’re not stuffing a turkey, simply substitute 2-2 ½ cups of chicken broth for the turkey broth. Once all ingredients are combined, spread evenly in a 9”x13” baking dish and bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
Recipe and image sourced from rothburyfarms.com.