Crêpes with Ricotta and Strawberry Spread
Welch’s recipe for crêpes, with Ricotta and Strawberry Spread, is a delicious and easy way to enjoy brunch at home with the whole family.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for cooking
- ¼ cup Welch’s Strawberry Spread
- ½ cup low fat ricotta
- ½ cup Welch’s Frozen Strawberries, thawed and sliced
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. In another bowl, stir together Welch’s Strawberry Spread and ricotta; set aside.
- Melt a little unsalted butter in an 8- or 9-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add ¼ cup crêpe batter and tilt the skillet until the batter covers the entire base. Continue to cook until the bottom is golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes more until golden on both sides. Transfer to a plate and continue with remaining batter.
- To serve, transfer each crêpe to a plate. On one half of the crêpe spread the strawberry ricotta mixture and top with sliced strawberries. Fold remaining half over and dust the top with powdered sugar. Repeat with remaining crêpes.
For more recipes, please visit our blog.