Goya Foods: Black Bean Quesadillas
For a nutritious and tasty take on the cheesy Mexican snack, fill your quesadillas with nutritious GOYA® Low Sodium Black Beans! GOYA® Beans are high in fiber, very low in fat, and boast more fiber than most whole-grain foods. Simply mix the beans with GOYA® Pico de Gallo, freshly chopped herbs and a handful of cheese, fill the quesadilla, and cook. The results: the same gooey taste we crave, plus more!
Prep Time: 5 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
- ¾ cup GOYA® Pico de Gallo
- 1 can GOYA® Low Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Colby and Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 8″ GOYA® Flour Tortillas
- ½ tsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Using a small-hole strainer, drain liquid from Pico de Gallo; discard liquid. Transfer leftover tomato mixture to a medium bowl. Mix in black beans, cheese, and cilantro until combined.
- Divide black bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla (about ½ cup each). Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Place filled tortillas on griddle. Cook, carefully flipping once, until tortillas are golden brown and crisp and cheese filling melts about 5 minutes. Cut quesadillas into wedges.
Recipe sourced from: Goya.com
For more recipes visit our blog.