Grape Crumble Bars
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flower
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups ready to eat all natural cereal or granola
- 1 jar Welch’s Concord Grape Jelly
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until incorporated. Mix in the cereal.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with cooking spray, oil, or butter. Press half of the dough into the pan and reserve the other half.
- In a small bowl, break up the jelly into small pieces using a fork. Spread the jelly over the dough in the pan, leaving a gap that is about ⅛ inch from the edge of the pan. With your fingers, crumble the remaining dough over the top. Place into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
These grape crumble bars are sure to give you a much needed afternoon pick-me-up!