Black Bean Breakfast Burrito
Rise and shine with this delicious, protein-packed breakfast burrito! ChefsBest award-winning GOYA Black Beans mix with spiced chorizo, Pico de Gallo, scrambled eggs and cheese for a hearty breakfast that will keep you going all morning long!
- 1 pkg. (3.5 oz.) GOYA Chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups GOYA Pico de Gallo
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) GOYA Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8″ GOYA Flour Tortillas – Burritos
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat 12″ non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add chorizo. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add pico de gallo and black beans. Cook, stirring, until liquid from pico de gallo almost evaporates and beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Transfer bean mixture to bowl; set aside.
- Rinse and wipe out skillet. Heat 1/2 tsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add tortilla. Cook, flipping once, until light golden brown on both sides, about 30 seconds; transfer tortilla to plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas using 1 tsp. oil total.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add eggs and Adobo. Cook, stirring eggs with spatula, until scrambled and just set, about 4 minutes.
- Assemble burritos: Place 1 tortilla on work surface. Add 1/4 scrambled egg mixture, 1/2 cup bean mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. To roll burrito, fold in left and right ends over filling. Then, holding the closed ends, fold tortilla in half from bottom to top. Using the top layer of the tortilla, push filling towards you to compact filling. Roll tortilla into log and place seam-side down on plate. Serve immediately.
- To freeze, wrap tortillas in plastic then wrap in foil; transfer to freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, unwrap foil and plastic wrap from burrito; place on microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes. Let Burritos rest 2 minutes before eating.