Recipe: Malt-O-Meal Magic Muffins
This recipe from the package of Malt-O-Meal original hot cereal is sure to please the whole family. You’ll find testimonials all over the web from people praising its ease and simplicity, but don’t let that fool you into thinking these are plain old muffins.
Try incoporating some of Malt-O-Meal’s suggested variations each time you make the recipe.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Malt-O-Meal Original hot wheat cereal, dry
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients
- Sir together until ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pan, filling cups ¾ full.Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Add and incorporate one 8.5-ounce can cream style corn to Magic Muffins recipe for Magic Corn Bread mix.
- Pour muffin mixture into a greased 13×9-inch pan and bake for 19 to 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Banana Magic Muffins add ¾ cup mashed bananas to basic ingredients and follow the basic muffin baking instructions.
Image source: coldcerealfordinner.blogspot.com
Recipe originally posted on Maltomeal.com
For more recipes, please visit our blog. Also, if you make any of our recipes, please show us by tagging us @chefsbest on all social media platforms.