Recipe: Mr. & Mrs. T’s Bloody Mary Chili
What’s that flavorful, protein-rich dish that leaves the whole family satisfied every time? You guessed it: chili! In this chili recipe, courtesy of Food Network host Ree Drummond, use the adventurous ingredient of Mr. & Mrs. T’s award-winning Original Bloody Mary Mix. You’ll be leaving your tasters with a zing to their palates. Better make enough for seconds.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Active Time: 30 min.
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 min.
- For serving: celery sticks, carrot sticks, ranch dressing and tortilla chips
- In a large pot over medium heat, add some olive oil and saute the celery and onions until soft. Add the garlic and stir, then add the ground beef. Cook until browned, 5 to 10 minutes; drain off the excess fat. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- In a pitcher, mix up the Bloody Mary mix, vodka if using, Montreal steak seasoning, Tabasco and Worcestershire and add it to the pot. Add the kidney and pinto beans, stir together well, cover and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add more Bloody Mary mix or water if needed during simmering.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks, ranch dressing and tortilla chips.