Recipe: Goya’s Easy Arroz con Pollo
This simple arroz con pollo recipe is a cinch to prepare with a few GOYA® pantry staples. GOYA® Adobo lends irresistible flavor to the chicken; GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes the veggies even tastier and GOYA® Yellow Rice takes away any guess work. One bite and you’ll taste an authentic, homemade meal that’s easier than ever to make!
- 1 lb. chicken breast and/or thighs (if using boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1” pieces)
- ½ tsp. GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- ½ medium green bell pepper, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 box (8 oz.) GOYA® Yellow Rice
- 1 jar (4 oz.) GOYA® Fancy Sliced Pimientos, drained
- 8 GOYA® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup GOYA® Frozen Peas, thawed
- Season chicken with Adobo. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add onion and peppers to pan. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic to pan; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
Pour 2 cups water into pan with vegetables; bring water mixture to boil; add rice and chicken to pan. Return water to boil; boil 1 minute. Lower heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Arrange pimientos, olives and peas over the arroz con pollo.