Recipe: Goya’s Easy Arroz con Pollo
This simple arroz con pollo recipe is a cinch to prepare with a few GOYA® pantry staples. GOYA® Adobo lends irresistible flavor to the chicken; GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes the veggies even tastier and GOYA® Yellow Rice takes away any guess work. One bite and you’ll taste an authentic, homemade meal that’s easier than ever to make!
- 1 lb. chicken breast and/or thighs (if using boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1” pieces)
- ½ tsp. GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- ½ medium green bell pepper, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 box (8 oz.) GOYA® Yellow Rice
- 1 jar (4 oz.) GOYA® Fancy Sliced Pimientos, drained
- 8 GOYA® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup GOYA® Frozen Peas, thawed
- Season chicken with Adobo. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add onion and peppers to pan. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic to pan; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
Pour 2 cups water into pan with vegetables; bring water mixture to boil; add rice and chicken to pan. Return water to boil; boil 1 minute. Lower heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
Arrange pimientos, olives and peas over the arroz con pollo.
Recipe and image sourced from goya.com.