Recipe: Rothbury Farms® Croutons with Bruschetta
With hints of tomato, olive, basil, and garlic, this bruschetta makes a refreshing and light appetizer when sprinkled atop Rothbury Farms’s award-winning croutons. It’s the perfect Italian side and is just in time for the summer months.
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 package Rothbury Farms® Texas Toast Croutons (either variety)
- Optional: Balsamic vinegar
- Mix first 7 ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Place croutons on a serving platter.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto each crouton.
- If desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Variation: Using slices of small tomatoes and cherry mozzarella balls, layer a basil leaf, mozzarella slice and tomato slice. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a fun, bite size appetizer. Garnish with a basil leaf.
Recipe and image sourced from rothburyfarms.com.