Recipe: Hungry Jack’s Italian Brunch Bake
Having friends over for brunch or looking for a hunger-quencher for the whole family? Here’s a great recipe to try that has wide appeal! With the award-winning ingredient of Hungry Jack Au Gratin Potatoes, this Italian Brunch Bake is special. Anyway, who doesn’t enjoy a cheesy potato casserole?
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 40
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (4.9 oz.) box Hungry Jack® Au Gratin Potatoes
- 2-2/3 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green pepper & onion, undrained
- 1 (12 oz.) package breakfast sausage patties
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly coat a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine potato slices, boiling water, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and sauce packet in prepared pan. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375° F.
- Crumble and cook sausage patties until brown. Drain, if necessary. Stir in tomatoes. Spoon evenly over partially baked potatoes. Blend pancake mix, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and water. Spread evenly over sausage mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 22 minutes or until pancake layer is light brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe sourced from hungryjack.com.