Recipe: Hunt’s Italian Sausage & Mushroom Grilled Pizza
Keep the house cool this summer. Take your cooking outside with this grilled pizza recipe from Hunt’s. It’s the perfect treat for a warm summer night.
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt’s Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes, drained well
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package (16 oz each) ready to bake pizza dough
- 1/2 lb hot Italian pork sausage links (1/2 lb = 2 links)
- 4 oz baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh torn basil leaves
- Spray cold grates of gas grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Meanwhile, pulse tomatoes, garlic and salt in food processor until well blended; set aside.
- Spray rimless baking sheet or pizza pan with grilling spray. Roll dough in a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Carefully transfer dough to baking sheet and then directly onto grill grates. Grill dough until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Grill sausage until cooked through (160°F), about 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Thread mushrooms onto a wooden skewer. Grill until lightly charred, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Slice sausages into 1/4-inch rounds; cut mushrooms into quarters. Spread tomato sauce evenly on grilled crust; top with cheese, sausage, mushrooms and basil. Grill pizza until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes, rotating pizza if needed for even heating. Cut into 6 slices.
Recipe and photo originally posted on Hunts.com.
For more recipes, please visit our blog. Also, if you make any of our recipes, please show us by tagging us @chefsbest on all social media platforms.