Recipe: Maille Dijon Mustard Tzatziki Relish
Are you not quite sure what to do with the cucumber sitting in your fridge? Try this simple recipe featuring award-winning Maille Dijon mustard to get some tasty relish out of it!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of Maille white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Maille Dijon original mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Grate the cucumber into a strainer, cup the grated cucumber in your palms, and squeeze to release excess liquids. Sprinkle with the sea salt and let sit for 5 mins.
- Squeeze the excess liquid out again, place into a sterilized glass jar, mix the vinegar with the mustard and add to the jar. Add the garlic and dill. Seal and place in fridge for 2 weeks.
- After the 2 weeks, drain a tbsp. of the mixture and add to 100ml of strained Greek yoghurt for a fresh tzatziki dip.
Tip: Keep the cucumber juice and use in a salad dressing
Serving suggestion: Serve pickled cucumber tzatziki with warm sourdough bread
Recipe and image sourced from maille.com.
For more recipes, please visit our blog. And if you make any of them, please show us by tagging us @chefbest on all social media platforms.