Recipe: Rothbury Farms Croutons Stuffing
What is Thanksgiving dinner without stuffing? Take this classic accompaniment to turkey up a notch with the award-winning ingredient of Rothbury Farms croutons.
- 15–22 pound turkey
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, divided
- 2-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 packages Rothbury Farms Croutons (any variety)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pull meat from neck, discard bones, and coarsely chop neck meat and giblets.
- In 2 quart saucepan, over high heat, bring turkey giblets, neck, and salted water to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Drain, reserving broth.
- Sauté onion and celery in 1 stick of butter and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage and cook until browned.
- Drain off some of the fat and add another stick of butter, melting over low heat.
- Place the 2 packages of croutons in large bowl.
- Add chopped neck meat and giblets.
- Stir in vegetable and sausage mixture.
- Add 2-2 1/2 cups turkey stock, stirring to make certain all croutons are moistened.
- Season, if desired, with salt & pepper.
- Stuff prepared turkey cavity. Extra stuffing can be baked in covered dish at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
Variation: If you’re not stuffing a turkey, simply substitute 2-2 ½ cups of chicken broth for the turkey broth. Once all ingredients are combined, spread evenly in a 9”x13” baking dish and bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes.
Recipe and image sourced from rothburyfarms.com.
For more recipes, please visit our blog. And if you make any of them, please show us by tagging us @chefbest on all social media platforms.