Fruit Salsa with Savory Waffles
Sweet… and salty?? What more could you ask for! These crispy whole wheat Eggo waffles are seasoned with garlic salt and make great dipping partners for this refreshing mango-and-pineapple salsa! Who knew garlic would be a great addition to the traditional Eggo whole wheat waffles? We did! Perfect for a homemade Sunday brunch, all of your friends and family are sure to fall in love with this delicious breakfast!
- 2 Kellogg’s® Eggo® Nutri-Grain® Whole Wheat waffles
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped mango
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Cut each waffle into 4 strips or wedges. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together mango, pineapple, onion, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and ginger root.
- Serve salsa with waffle sticks.
For more recipes visit our blog.